Sunday, November 27, 2011
Banana Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- 20 gr cocoa powder .
- 60 ml hot water.
- 100 gr banana - mashed/blender smooth.
- 35 gr of cooking oil.
- 85 gr low protein flour ( cake flour ).
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 75 gr caster sugar ( I use 50 gr)_.
- 5 egg yolks.
- 5 egg whites.
- 75 gr caster sugar( I use 50 gr ).
-1/2 tsp chocolate paste.
- Dissolve cocoa powder in hot water, add banana, cooking oil, chocolate paste. Stir well. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder ( i siffed 3 x ), add sugar. Stir well. Pour the cocoa powder
mixutre a little at a time into siffed dry ingrediaents. Add in egg yolks. Stir well. Set aside. ( I whisk
sugar and egg yolks using stand mixer till pale, add in cocoa powder mixture, bananas, oil and chocolate
paste and continue to whisk at low speed...Add batter into siffed dry inmgredients.
Beat egg whites and salt until half inflate. Add sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk till stiff peak.
-Add like 1/3 of egg white into chocolate batter and fold in gentle and lightly.. add the rest of chocolate
batter into egg white and continue to fold in gently.
- Pour into 20 cm diameter ungreased chiffon pan.
- Bake in preheat oven of 170 deg C for 70 minutes.
- recipe bisous a' toi.