- 1 tbps olive oil, divided.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs.(I use the chicken breast)
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Garlic powder, to taste.
Dried basil, to taste.
-1 1/2 cup of orange, yellow and red baby bell pepper, sliced.
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced.
-1/2 tsp dried basil.
-8 oz buttom mushrooms, quartered.
-4 cloves of garlic, minced,
-1 1/3 cup of marinara sauce.
-2 tbps parmesan cheese.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
* Heat 1/2 tbps of olive oil in a large oven proof skilled or dutch oven over medium high heat.
Season each side of the chicken thighs with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder
and dried basil, to taste. Cook one side of the chicken thighs for 4 minutes, then flip the chicken
and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
* Add the other 1/2 tbps of olive oil the skilled then add the pepper and onions, cook.
stirring often for 3 minutes then add the mushrooms, continue cooking, stirring often, for 6 minutes.
Add the minced garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce,cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken thighs and their juices back to the oven proof skillet or ducth oven.
Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh parsley and parmesan cheese on top.
Serve with pasta. recipe by: the love of cooking.