Monday, January 30, 2012
Potato Au Gratin
* 2 1/2 lb.baking potatoes ( about 6 ).
* 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter.
* 1 small onion, chopped.
* 1/4 cup flour.
* 1 tsp salt.
* 2 1/2 cups milk.
* 1 3/4 cups Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided.
* 1/2 tsp. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard.
* 1/4 cup Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Make It :
Cook potatoes in boiling water 20 minutes. or just until tender, drain.Cover with cold
MeanWhile, melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, cook and
stir 2 minutes. Blend in flour and salt; cook 1 minute. Gradually sitr in milk;
cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, strirring constantly. Add 1- 1/4 cups
Cheddar; cook and stir 1 minute, or until melted. Stir in mustard.
HEAT oven to 375 degree F, Peel potatoes; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Layer alternately with cheese sauce in 2-qt casserole, ending with sauce.
BAKE 25 to 30 minutes. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheeses ;
bake 5 minutes. or until melted.