1/2 pound Sweet Italian Sausage.
1/2 pound ground beef.
1 box jumbo pasta shell/manicotti.
16 ounces Ricotta Cheese.
1 Egg, beaten.
1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, shredded.
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese.
1 tablespoon Parsley.
FOR SAUCE :
1(28 ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes.
1 (6 ounce) can Tomato Paste.
2 (6.5 ounce ) cans Tomato Sauce.
3 cloves Garlic, minced.
1/2 Onion, minced.
2 tablespoons sugar.
1/2 tablespoon Basil.
1. In a large pan brown the ground beef and sausage over medium high heat. Drain and remove
2. In a second saucepan saute the garlic and onions in a litte olive oil. Add the rest of the
ingredients for sauce then bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and continue cooking for
15 minutes. Remove from heat a let cool.
3. Meanwhile cook pasta shells according to box.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Mix Ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, the egg and pinch
of salt in large bowl. Mix in the cooled meat mixture then mix in 1 cup+ cups of the cooled
6. Cover the bottom of two baking dishes with the remaining tomato sauce. Fill the pasta shell
with thw cheesy meat mixture and place in baking dishes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella
evenly over top.
7.Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese begins turn brown.
Post a Comment