1/2 cup butter.
1/2 cup white sugar.
1/4 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon vanila extract.
2 egg yolks.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
1/3 cup milk.
2 egg white.
1/4 cup white sugar.
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries.
1 tablespoon all purpose flour.
1 tablespoon white sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degreesC ). Grease and flour an 8 inch
2. Cream butter or margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla.
Separate eggs and reserve the whites. Add egg yolks to the sugar mixture;
beat until creamy.
3. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to egg
yolk mixture. Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add to batter.
4. In a separate bowl, beat white egg until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white into
batter. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon
5. Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done.