Monday, January 7, 2013
Homemade Fresh Pumpkin Pie
2 2/3 cup allpurpose flour.
1 tsp salt.
1 cup shortening.
1/2 cup cold water.
2 cup mashed cooked pumpkin.
1(12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk.
2 eggs, beaten.
3/4 cup packed brown sugar.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
1/2 tsp ground ginger.
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg.
1/2 tsp salt.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C).
2. Prepare pie crust by mixing together the flour and salt. Cut shortening into flour, add 1 tbsp
water to mixture at a time. Mix dough and repeat until dough is moist enough to hold together.
3. With lightly floured hands shape dough into a ball. On a lightly floured board roll dough out
to 1/8 inch thickness.
4. With a sharp knife, cut dough 1 1/2 inch large than upside down 8 to 9 inch pie pan.
Gently roll the dough around the rolling pan and transfer it right side up on to the pie pan.
unroll, ease dough into the bottom of the pie pan.
5. In large bowl with mixer speed on medium , beat pumpkin with evaporated milk, eggs, brwon
sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix well. Pour into a prepared crust.
6.Bake 40 minutes or until when a knife is inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean....
........Adapted from ...food world news.... .