Tuesday, December 27, 2011
* 1 large package banana pudding.
* 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten.
* 3 & 3/4 cups milk.
* 3 egg whites.
* 20 - 30 vanila wafers.
* 2 large sliced bananas.
* 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
* 1/3 of a cup of sugar ( I use 1/4 cup ).
Cook the Banana Pudding :
* To begin, add the pudding mix to a medium sauce pan. Now pour in the egg yolks, followed by
the milk. Stir the mixture well, breaking up any lumps. Be sure to continue stirring.
* Cook the mixture over medium heat until it reaches a gentle boil. Now remove from the heat.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. While the pudding is cooling, arrange the wafers in the bottom
of a medium baking dish.Cover this with a layer of the sliced banana slices..
* Now top with a layer of pudding. Continue adding laying of the wafers, bananas, and pudding, until
you fill the dish.
Mix the Banana Pudding Meringue Topping.
- Add the egg whites to a small bowls, now add the salt and stir until the mixture is foamy. Slowly stir
in the sugar.Continue beating until the sugar forms small peaks. Spread the meringue mixture on top
of the pudding.
- Be sure to distribute it evenly, spreading all the way out to the edges.
- PLace the pudding in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- The top of meringue brown slightly when the dish is ready. This pudding can be served warm from the
oven or chilled. Store in refrigerator.