4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for pan.
1/2 onion, chopped..
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2 cloves garlic, minced.
1 3/4 cup heavy whipped cream..
1 cup shredded cheddar cheeese.
1/2 cup suor cream.
2(10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach,thawed and squeezed dry.
1/2 cup packaged French's Fried Onions.
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.Add the onion and pinch of salt.
Saute for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add the heavy whipped cream, cheddar cheese, nutmeg. Heat until the cream is just beginning
to bubble, stirring often. Turn the burner off and stir in sour cream and spinach.
4. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish and
sprinkle the top evenly with french fried onoins.
5. Bake until golden and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes..