Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Chicken and mushroom.
* 4 boneless chicken breasts.
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine.
* 8 ounces sliced mushrooms.
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup.
* 1 clove of garlic, minced.
* 1/4 teaspoon leaf thyme, crumbled.
* 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled.
* 1/3 cup half-and-half.
* Salt and pepper to taste.
* steamed rice.
- In a large covered skillet,brown chicken in butter or margarine; remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet; saute until golden. Stir in soup, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.Return
chicken to skillet. Cover and cook over low heat 30 - 40 minutes, stirring now and then.
- Blend in half and half, heat slowly. Taste and adjust chicken and mushroom seasoning, adding salt
and pepper, if needed. Serve chicken and mushroom with steamed rice and steamed vegetable.