Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Foil- Roasted Turkey
- 1 12 pound turkey, fresh or thawed frozen.
- 1 large onion, quartered.
- 1/2 butter, softened.
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon fresh or jarred garlic, minced.
-Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
2. Rinse turkey with water and part dry. Remove giblet packet from cavity.
3. Stuff cavity with onion quarters(and extra rosemary springs if desired).
4. Place sheet of aluminium foil into roasting pan, leaving enough on each side to wrap the turkey.
5. Blend butter, rosemary and garlic. Using your fingers,spread mixture on the intire
surface of the turkey. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
6. Wrap turkey loosely with foil (not airtight) and place in oven.
7. Roast for 3-4 hours.Unwrap foil for the last 30-45 minutes of cooking time to crisp the skin.
8. Remove turkey, discard onion and rosemary. Transfer turkey to carving plate and let
rest a few minutes before slicing.