Thursday, December 8, 2011
Pork and Sausage Chili
* 500 gram of pork belly, skin on ( I use pork butt)..
* 1 spanish chorizo, about 90 gram ( I use pollish sausage).
* 2 onions,chopped.
* 4 cloves of garlic.
* 3 to 4 bird's eye chilies.
* 1 can of whole stewed tomatoes.
* 1 can chicken broth.
* 4 spring of fresh oregano..
* 1/2 tsp. of ground cumin.
* 1 can of kidney beans.
* 2 tbps. of olive oil.
* salt, pepper and a bit of sugar.
1. Cut the pork belly/pork butt into one-inch cubes.
2. Thinly slice the chorizo.
3. Roughly chop the onion, mince the garlic and finely chop the chilies.
4. Strip the oregano leaves from the stems.
5. Heat the olive oil in a pan.Add the pork and sausage silces.Cook until the pork cubes start to
brown along the edges.
6. Add the onions, garlic, chilies, cumin and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until
the onions bits start to turn soft.
7. Pour in the stewed tomatoes and broth. Stir, taste. Add a bit more salt and pepper.Bring to
the boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for an hour.
8. Taste the sauce. Add more salt and pepper, if needed. Add sugar to balance the flavor.
9. Add the kidney beans.
10. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes until sauce has reduced and thickened considerably.
11. Serve hot rice or bread.