Monday, December 28, 2015
1 whole beef tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat.
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup tri-color peppercorns, crushed with a rolling pan (Prime Rib & Roast Seasoning
1 Stick butter,
2 cloves garlic, crushed.
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Place the tenderloin on a rack roasting rack. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and sugar, which will deepen the savory flavors.( or I use Prime Rib & Roast Seasoning Amazing Taste.).
3Press the crushed peppercorns all over the surface of the meat.
Insert a meat thermometer and place in the oven until the beef registers 120 to 125 degrees F
for medium rare/rare. Beef will probably cook in 20 to 25 minutes depending on its temp
before it goes in the oven.
4. While the meat is roasting, melt the butter with the garlic in a small skillet, and allow the butter to
slightly brown. Remove the garlic and discard.
5. Remove the meat when it's done and pour the garlic butter over gently (it should sizzle
when it hits the meat.)
6. Cover the meat loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.